Good morning everyone! Today I bring the recipe that you have asked me so much about on Instagram, and I am not surprised. This Brownie Pie with Vegan Condensed Milk Cream and Almond Butter is simply spectacular. I’m just telling you that I made it yesterday morning and in less than 24 hours… I hardly have any left in the fridge! It is that it has devastated.
This cake was the perfect excuse I came up with to spend some vegan coconut condensed milk that I had leftover from the chocolate bars I made, as well as giving My protein’s almond butter a good premiere.
Taking advantage of 1kg of My Protein Almond Butter
For months I have had three 1kg jars of nut butter from the My Protein brand at home: a sports nutrition brand that has a vegan section. Cashew, peanut butter … and the most spectacular of all: Almond butter, 100% almond, without added ingredients. Almond only. It has a spectacular flavor… It’s like liquid nougat! 😍😍😍 On top, I have combined it with crocanti almonds and… buff.
I always use it for toast, but I really wanted to take advantage of it… So I used it to marbling the cream that goes on top of the brownie, as well as making the final top decoration of the cake. Believe me, it’s fucking crazy.
I also took advantage of the fact that they have bags of raw nuts in large quantities (400 gr) so I used their natural cashews as a base for the condensed milk and vanilla cream. In my supermarket I almost always find them fried or with salt … And the ideal is to use them naturally!
Brownie cake with condensed milk cream and almond butter
A brownie well loaded with chocolate, a frozen cream with condensed coconut and vanilla milk, and on top of the almond butter I used to say, with a crocanti almond decoration. A spectacular contrast of textures, a delicious flavor, vegan and also, each bite is very satiating, so there are many servings.
You have to bear in mind that the cake requires a minimum of 1 hour in the freezer after its preparation, a good time warming up from when we take the brownie out of the oven until we put the cream on top … So I recommend that you prepare it several hours before serving.
For example: if it is for the night, prepare it in the morning and leave it for 2 hours in the freezer and the rest in the fridge). Nor would I recommend preparing it the day before because the cream oxidizes slightly, and although it is still good, it is prettier freshly made.
Let’s go with the recipe !: Brownie cake with vegan condensed milk and almond butter.
Brownie cake with condensed milk and almond butter
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cocoa powder (I used soluble type, not pure cocoa)
- 1/3 cup of sunflower oil
- Coconut oil (1/4 cup + 4 tbsp)
- Soy milk (1/3 cup + 1/3 cup)
- 200 gr of natural cashews
- 7 tbsp liquid vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Agave syrup
- 200 ml of condensed coconut milk (vegan condensed milk)
- * 20 cm mold
Step by Step
- The first thing we are going to do is cook the cashews while we prepare the brownie. We put them in plenty of boiling water and keep it at a gentle boil.
- On the other hand, in a large bowl, mix 1 cup of wheat flour, 1 cup of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix and add 1 small teaspoon of baking powder, mix.
- We continue adding 3 tbsp. tureens of liquid vanilla, 1/3 of sunflower oil and 1/3 of coconut oil.
- We mix very well.
- We stir with desire, and we will see how little by little the flour is moistening and adhering to each other.
- When it is well mixed, add 2 tablespoons of agave syrup.
- We mix again and add 1/3 cup of soy milk.
- We stir eagerly for the last time until we get a thick, dense, creamy and homogeneous dough.
- We place it inside the mold and bake it at 160 degrees for about 25 minutes, although this may change depending on the oven. Ideally, after 20 minutes, prick the brownie to see if it is still too wet inside.
- When it is already baked, remove the mold from the oven and let it warm, without unmolding.
- We take a teaspoon of non-dairy milk and use it to “paint” the brownie on top, thus making it juicier.
- We let it temper.
- On the other hand, we remove the cashews from the pot and drain the water well.
- We pass them to a bowl, add the vegan condensed milk.
- Following, we add 1/3 of soy milk and with a blender, we blend everything until it is very creamy and without lumps.
- Add 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and blend again.
- Add 4 tbsp of liquid vanilla, crush again and reserve.
- When the brownie is already warm, we can continue working on the cake. What I did was, with a spoon, adapt the brownie well to the mold, “crushing” it to compact it slightly with great care, since when lifting, the edges tend to be lower than the center. Do you see that in the second photo below, the brownie is flat? I think it’s more comfortable that way.
- We pour the condensed coconut milk and vanilla cream on top and bathe with a few light drops of almond butter.
- Now, with a toothpick, we are making shapes on top of the cake, to mix and move the almond butter and cashew cream, until we create figures.
- We put it in the freezer between 1 and 2 hours before serving. And to enjoy it!