Weight loss shakes are shakes normally made with a higher proportion of vegetables than fruits to avoid passing on sugar and calories. It is better to make them with a blender than with a blender to preserve all the vitamins and fiber that the pulp and skin have.
It is not always easy to take the three servings of fruits and two of vegetables a day that are recommended in a diet to lose weight – and in a healthy diet in general. But doing so removes the disease by up to 40%, according to a study from the University of London. These slimming shakes They make it a little easier for you as they help you get to the necessary portions.
Tips for making your perfect weight loss shake
“The ideal is to take them with seasonal vegetables and fruits. They are tastier and retain all their nutritional properties because they should not be subjected to mass cultivation, conservation or transport treatments ”, recommends nutritionist Ana Amengual, from the College of Nutritionists and Dietitians of Catalonia.
Don’t try to have all 5 servings of fruit and vegetables at once in a smoothie. In the first place, because “the body will not have the capacity to absorb all the nutrients,” says Amengual.
Also, if you add three pieces of fruit at once, its fructose will spike your blood sugar level. This has several drawbacks: if you do it often, you expose yourself to increasing the risk of type 2 diabetes over the years. On the other hand, you cause a fluctuation in the hormone insulin that is involved in the feeling of hunger.
The slimming shakes are a supplement to your diet, they do not have to replace a meal. They are ideal as a starter or snack. These smoothies will also come in handy.
Slimming shakes for all tastes
- Laxative: mango + raspberries
- Anti-fatigue: beet + pear + avocado
- Diuretic: cucumber + melon + pineapple + strawberries
- Detox: watercress + pear + coconut water
- Satiating: banana + peach + ginger
- ‘Perfect skin’: strawberries + yogurt + chia + cinnamon
- Anti-constipation: apple + blackberries + oatmeal + flax seeds + cinnamon
- Summer: carrot + apricot + mango + strawberries
- Antioxidant: orange + papaya + strawberries
- Without toxins: spinach + artichokes + green tea + lemon
Keys to making your shake to lose weight
- Opt for fruits and vegetables that are in season.
- Add more vegetables than fruit to reduce the calorie and sugar content.
- Make them with the skin so they have more fiber.
- Better blender than a blender.
- Enrich it with seeds, spices or nuts.
- Add a few drops of lemon and keep it in the fridge to preserve it better.
- If it is too consistent, add water, ice or a little vegetable drink.